Why Hike for Hunger?
In tens of thousands of homes across the state, our neighbors strive for a brighter future but struggle to make ends meet, whether due to a minimum-wage job, health issue, job loss or other life storm. Parents go without to feed their children. Too many kids start the school day hungry, unable to focus on learning. And, after a lifetime of working, Colorado seniors are left to fend for themselves and face the question: Do I buy needed medication or food?
Though hunger is a serious—and often invisible—problem in Colorado, it is solvable. By fundraising and hiking, YOU can support Hunger Free Colorado. The statewide nonprofit organization, launched in 2009, connects people to food resources and fuels change in systems, policies and social views, so no Coloradan goes hungry.
The statewide fundraiser, taking place from July 1-31, is open to Coloradans of all ages, abilities and locations.
Benefits of Participating:
- Open to Coloradans of all ages, abilities and locations
- Register & fundraise based on number of hikes, miles hiked, elevation gained or even steps taken. Get creative!
- Connect with friends, family, neighbors and co-workers—and meet new people
- Encourages group exercise and team-building
- Exercises your body and your mind, helping your physical, emotional and mental health
- Take part in a kick-off party and/or guided hikes
- Compete for awards and earn cool swag like water bottles and bandanas
- Share your #HikeforHunger photos and stories
- Hit the trail for a good cause!