After signing up to Hike for Hunger, start planning your hikes and/or walks!
Colorado offers thousands of trails, waiting to be explored by you! Support Hunger Free Colorado while you visit one (or more) of the many national parks and monuments, state parks, open spaces, national forests, grasslands and walking paths across the state.
Here are some resources to help you prepare:
- 10 essentials for hiking (REI)
- Day hiking checklist (REI)
- Beginner’s guide to climbing Colorado’s highest peaks (Denverite)
- Leave No Trace: 7 principles (Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics)
Want hiking recommendations and trail information?
Read reviews and get details like difficulty and distance from one of the following websites:
Here’s some information from local resources:
- Colorado Trail Explorer map
- 101 of the most beautiful hikes in Colorado (303 Magainze)
- 5 popular & easy trails (Colorado Tourism)
- 8 Colorado hikes to take with your kids (Colorado Parent)
- 6 dog-friendly hikes in Colorado (Sierra Trading Post)
- 11 incredible hikes under 5 miles (Only in Your State)